Thursday, July 17, 2008

Irresistible Tiramisu

I've been working in a new department for 5 months already, and I'm very happy that I've made many new friends (co-workers). As all of us are in similar age, so we get along very well that we like to do lots of activities outside of work hours... like golfing, tennis, dinner, shopping etc..

Moreover, I can practice my baking skills by making birthday cake for my co-workers, and I really treasure this opportunity which it'll help to improve my skills! Last month, I've made a Banana Oreo Cheesecake for the birthday guy, and this month, I've made a Tiramisu for my trainer! I'm very happy that they enjoyed it alot! and I've promised my co-worker to post the recipe here, hope you'll enjoy making it and your friends will like it!

Ingredients:
3 egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup (250ml) mascarpone cheese, 1 cup whipping cream, 1 cup of expresso or strong coffee mix with 1/4 cup of kahlua or coffee liquor, 36-40 lady fingers (approx. 3 pkg), good quality cocoa powder.

Tool: Big bowl, Whisk or electronic hand/stand mixer, Measuring cup, Deep dish or cake ring.


Steps:

1- In a big bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar until sugar has dissolved. Then add the mascarpone cheese and mix well. Set aside.
2 - Use another bowl, beat the whipping cream into stiff peaks. When done, gently fold into the cheese mixture from step 1.
3- Spread the layer of cheese mixtrue over the bottom of the dish.
4- Dip the ladyfingers into the coffee and coffee liquor (Don't over dip it, you only need to coat both side, don't oversoak it)
5- Arrange a layer of dipped ladyfingers close together in the dish (You may need to break them to fit the shape of your dish)
6- Cover with another layer of cheese mixture, then another layer of ladyfingers. Repeat the layers, finishingwith cheese mixture on top, smooth the top and chilled for at least 4 hours.
7 - Before serving, dust with cocoa powder generously.

No comments: